Finally got the SF pics onto the computer. Here’s me with the RITA/GH board. No names on the board, but still too cool to know I was a finalist in one of those categories listed there.
A pic of the Heart of Dixie ladies after the ceremony. L to R from back: me, Linda Winstead Jones, Marilyn Puett, Linda Howard, Kira Sinclair, Beverly Barton, Kathy Bone, Jean Hovey. Front L to R: Kimberly Lang, Stephanie Jones, Andrea Laurence. Don’t we look happy?
My Harlequin editor Sally Williamson (she’s the thin gorgeous one) posing with me after the RITA/GH ceremony. Yes, in spite of not winning, I was happy. 🙂 It was a fun night, and quite the honor to be among the talented group of 2008 finalists known as the Pixie Chicks. Look out in the future, btw, because the Pixie Chicks are going to blog. We don’t know when, we don’t know where, but we’re working on it. 🙂
1. Never tell people you haven’t had a cold in over two years. Kiss of death.
2. Double-sided tape does wonders to keep your bra from showing.
3. Spanx really are the bomb.
4. 400 women + open bar = hilarity for sure.
5. San Francisco really is freezing in July/August.
6. Seals smell bad.
7. No one ever escaped from Alcatraz and lived to tell about it.
8. Lining up for pitch appointments feels oddly like lining up to see the hangman.
9. Free books make some people crazy.
10. The conference will end and you’ll realize you never met up with/talked to several people you wanted to see.
What have you learned recently?