1. Is there a rule that says once you hit a certain age, you must cut your hair short? Because I attended a function the other day where every single woman there, with the exception of me and one other lady, was upwards of 50. And they ALL had short hair. Short. Gray, white, brown and blonde — didn't matter, every lady had short hair. Nearly gave me a panic, I tell you. I've already made the switch from long to layered, but I'm holding the line on that above-the-shoulder stuff. If it looked good on me, I wouldn't be so worried. But it doesn't. Trust me.
2. I am a horrible, horrible gadget-loving person! It's all my hubby's fault! I want a new MacBook Pro. I love my 13.3″ white MacBook, but I want a bigger screen. I've fallen in love with the sleek look of the new Macs.
3. By the same token, I want a new iPod shuffle. Why? Heck if I know! I already have an iPhone and a 32 GB Touch. I also have a first generation 4 GB Nano that I never use anymore. So why would I need a shuffle? Don't know, but it's so cool and little! And it talks!
4. I have already mentioned the Kindle. Still want.
5. Hubby is a shoe ho. He rivals me, though he swears he does not. The man made an *impulse* shoe buy the other day that rather surprised me. I am still recovering from the sticker shock. I could have bought a Kindle! (Well, I'd have needed to add some money, but still!) The man is insane.
6. We're having bad weather. Tornadoes possible. I really hate this time of year. 🙁
7. I *love* the person who copy-edited my last book. My voice is intact, and she barely touched my words. Love that!!
8. Love the ideas I brainstormed with my editor for book 3. Need to get busy rewriting and moving forward.
9. Taxes. Holy cow, it's time!
10. Dinner out with parents tonight! Dinner with friends tomorrow! Diet on Sunday!
What's up with you?
1) I fell for the “have a kid, must cut your hair short” lie. It looked terrible. Not that my hair is long — to thin and stringy to go to your lengths — but mom haircuts are just wrong.
5) DG bought two new pairs of shoes last weekend. One is actually stylish. That should hold him for a year or so. No more cutting into my shoe budget.
6)Yes! Dinner! Celebrations!
1) That’s right, I forgot about mom haircuts! Your hair is lovely and manageable. It suits you.
5) Hubby didn’t go for stylish necessarily. He went for geeky, as in technology. Massai Barefoot Technology. Gracious.
6) Can’t wait! But must get on that treadmill today, as I said over at your blog….
1) I’m leaving it long too Lynn. If I wanted my face to look fat again I’d cut it short but long seems to kindly hide my sins :).
5) Funny how technological shoes are getting isn’t it? I have a fancy pair. I can’t even remember what they do now… but they look great! 🙂
6) ooo I just bought a treadmill but have boxes all over house so treadmill is currently someone still in the store on “layby” heh heh… wonder how close to the due date I’ll let it get before I actually pick it up??
MBT? Those things are ugly. Expensive shoes should be *pretty*.